Thursday, September 29, 2011

Orange~Apricot Pork Chops

Long time, no post. A lot has happened in the past three months, one being a move to another state! If you don't already know we moved to Austin, TX three weeks ago. Love our new home! More to come about the move and pictures of the new home.

Tonight I made pork chops in the crock-pot. They were so good! I love super easy recipes and this one was one of those! This recipe came from the the blog Crock Pot Girls.

Orange~Apricot Pork Chops
(I halved the recipe, but the original recipe is denoted below.)

Ingredients
6 pork chops (I used thick, boneless chops)
1 cup apricot jam
3 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges with juice

Preparation
Spray your crock-pot with PAM (or other similar product). Put pork chops in crock-pot. In a small bowl, combine jam, brown sugar, and spices. Spoon over pork chops. Add the entire can of mandarin oranges evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for about 4.

Serve with rice to soak up the yummy juice!

No comments: