New Year's Resolutions. I try not to make them because I very rarely keep them. I think it is telling about my personality. I am a perfectionist and I don't want to fail. But is it really so bad to fail? Obviously failure at some things have a greater impact on our lives versus failure in other things. The past two years have been years of incredible growth for me. I have learned things about myself that have been very freeing. I realize that I fail quite often in life and I am still loved. In my failures I realize more than ever my need for Jesus. And I realize that he never turns his back on me, never removes his love from me and is always there with an outstretched hand to pull me back close to him where I am safe. I also realize that life is always going to have it's challenges, that we will never be free of pain and sorrow until we are united with Jesus for eternity. But God wants me to live my life here on earth with joy and peace and he promises this to me. He calls me to walk with him each day and keep my eyes focused on him each day. And when I fail to live in the grace and mercy he freely gives me.
So I plan to make a few New Year's Resolutions.
- To know Jesus more intimately, which will enable me to love others more intimately.
- To love Kirk more deeply.
- To memorize more scripture.
- To write down, each day, things I am thankful for in my life.
- To exercise more each week, which honestly makes me mad as I don't like to, but I know it is good for me.
- To eat more healthy, another thing that makes me mad as I grew up being able to eat anything I wanted and it never affected me. But alas, I am older and my body is changing.
- To love myself at this new age stage of life and changing body.
- To make at least one blog entry a month.
Here's to a great 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment