When I reflect on what I am thankful for I am overwhelmed with God's goodness and blessings over the course of my life. God sovereignly placed me in a Christian family. We weren't a perfect family as there is no such thing, but we grew up in a family where there was no question whether we were loved. We ate dinner together most every night (something lost in today's busy world) and we encouraged and supported each other. We owe our parents so much for what they have sacrificed and done for us.
I also reflect on God's sovereignty in bringing Kirk into my life. I remember telling friends that I would wait until I found the man that would love me like Christ loves the church (how unrealistic was that statement when you think of the enormity of what that means) and yet Kirk models that to me. He truly loves me through the gospel and his understanding of what Christ has done for him.
I also reflect on the plan God has for my life. Saying God has a plan for my life and really understanding what that means are two different things. I would have never dreamed in a million years that we would be in ministry and yet it is exactly what God has made us for. It is not always easy but it is so cool to see God work in our weakness and let me tell you I learn more and more each day how weak I am and the conflict inside me of wanting to be in control and strong. The Lord is patient and gracious in the way he reveals these things to me even when I am fighting as hard as I can to have it my way.
So I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a Savior who gave up everything for me, I have a husband who loves me despite my weaknesses and a family who will always be there for me.
Mom and Kate, my sister-in-law.
Kirk, myself and Jeffrey. Yes, I had a mouth full of food.
No comments:
Post a Comment