As I have mentioned in my last couple of posts, my parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary on November 27. The following day we celebrated them and their marriage at a reception held at our dear friends Chris and Renee's home. When I started looking for a place to hold the reception I had no idea it would be so hard, but then again it is the day after Thanksgiving and most places are closed to give their employees a break. So after calling churches and community centers to no avail I was starting to get a little concerned. Renee had offered her home early on, but I thought I would be able to find something else. Think again, on my part. So I revisited Renee's offer and we decided to have it there.
I wish that I had taken pictures of her beautiful home. The pictures I do have will give you glimpses of what I am talking about. It was the perfect setting and Mom and Dad enjoyed the afternoon as their friends came to celebrate this time with them. It was so cool for me to hear what people had to say about my parents and it is so comforting to know that they are loved so well, especially since my sister and brother and I all live in different states.
.JPG)
Waiting to greet the guests as they arrived.

The spread.
.JPG)
Cutting the cake.
.JPG)
The celebrated couple.
.JPG)
The whole family.
Dad decided to put an anniversary tree this Christmas. So he purchased a white Christmas tree and decorated it in gold. How sweet!
I love you Mom and Dad, congratulatons!
No comments:
Post a Comment