Today, our nephew Clay, his wife Mandy and their son Seth were in Boulder and hung out with us for a while. Clay and Mandy asked us to be Seth's god parents. What an incredible honor for Kirk and I. Of course, we said yes!
Clay, Kirk and Seth
The god parents.
As I look back on 2008 I can say it was a good year. There were trying times and sad times, but God was faithful through it all. As I head into 2009 I know that God will continue to refine me and I will praise Him even when it hurts. My prayer for all of us is to know our God more intimately, to lean on Him when times are hard and to praise Him loudly when times are good.
I will close with the knowledge that my Uncle Jim will be going home soon to be with our Lord and Savior. He is ready and told my Dad if he didn't see him again on this earth he would see him in Heaven. I am sad for my cousins, Karen and Mark, and my Dad, but happy for Uncle Jim as he will no longer suffer and will experience what we all should yearn for and that is to be in the presence of our God.
2 comments:
Love reading your blog!
I miss you! I would do anything if you could just meet me for lunch1! Give Kirk a hug for me- Rachel Rieves
Post a Comment