We held our annual Wine & Art Party this past Friday night. We had four artists from our church display their art. We had a Spanish theme for the food which had been paired perfectly with various Spanish wines. Manuel from West End Wine Shop was not able to be at the party this year but was excited at the wine selections he chose. He is Spanish and was familiar with the recipes I had chosen (which was a great confirmation for me). I knew from last year that this would be a popular party, little did I know how popular. We guess we had between 75 and 80+ people in our home, but there was absolutely no way to count. All we know is at one point we had wall to wall people. So many new faces, so exciting!!
I want to give a shout out to Brad and Hannah Edwards, a couple from St. Louis who came to visit us. We had never met this couple, but they jumped right in to help with the food and party preparations. They were amazing and a huge blessing! They are planting a church in St. Louis out of the church Kirk and I attended, along with some great friends of ours. They got to see first hand the behind the scenes work of our parties. It was fun to share this time with them!

Lisa Smith (and her husband Jason) displayed her ceramic jewelry.

Doreen Clowes displayed her paintings along side some of Lisa's jewelry.

Doreen finished this painting the day of the party. I absolutely loved it!
Stephanie Whitehill displayed her photography.
Pat Ting is a ceramic artist who has the most unique and fun pieces. These are clocks.

I wish this picture really showcased Pat's work. On the far left you have nesting mugs (I love them) and then 2 designs of nesting teapots. He is getting a website up and running. I will post the link so you can see his work.

Wine in itself is an art, especially when paired with the right food. When we sit down with our Lord at the great banquet feast you can count on having the best wine paired with the best food!
No comments:
Post a Comment