Saturday, April 19, 2008

Michelle Tagged Me

I have been tagged by my sweet friend Michelle to share 7 things about myself that people may not know. So here you go....

1) At one time I had a northern accent. Hard to believe isn't it? I was born in Syracuse, New York and when I was 5 we moved to Nashville. I remember being picked on by the kids in the neighborhood because I talked "funny".

2) From the age of about 8 until around 14 I was terrified to sleep in a room by myself. It all started when a neighbor saw a strange car coming in our neighborhood. She said we should hide because it could be a bad persom who might steal us away. That is the first time I can remember experiencing real fear.

3) When I was 13 I called the operator and told her that someone was trying to kill me. She started asking questions and I got scared and hung up. She called back!! My sister told her that her "little" sister was playing around on the phone. I was so scared that the operator called back and that the police might come to the house I called my Mom at work and told her what I had done. Needless to say my mother was not too happy with me and I was grounded.

4) I was the editor of my high school yearbook.

5) In my early 20's I got hooked on minor league baseball, the Nashville Sounds and had season tickets. For those of you who know baseball, I knew Don Mattingly (who played with the New York Yankees), Buck Showalter (who has been the manager of several major league teams) and Bob Tewkesbury (who pitched for the New York Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals).

6) I traveled to Israel with my parents in 1993 (an amazing trip). It had been hot and I was drinking a lot of water so I wouldn't dehydrate. We were on the bus on the way to Jericho when all the water I had been drinking hit me and I had go to the bathroom really really bad. Our tour guide asked the driver to pull over and me and my friend Ellen got off the bus. The only tree on the horizon was a thorn tree. Ellen stood between me and the bus while I went the the bathroom. Note, our tour guide got off the bus and went back to talk to the men in a van that was following the bus as they were filming parts of the trip. After we got to Jericho I celebrated by riding a camel.

7) I LOVE COTTON CANDY!!!!

Susan M, Deb L. and Lisa A. you have been tagged.

1 comment:

shmaynor said...

Love your stories, Deb. And we are coming to Colorado this summer! Can we see you???