Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Love San Francisco!

This post was written but not posted until now.


I have always loved San Francisco. Someone asked me why and I really couldn't give them a specific answer. There is just a feeling I have when I am there. Looking out over the bay and seeing the beauty of The Golden Gate Bridge against the back drop of mountains is breath taking.

As much as I love San Francisco it has been over 15 years since I have visited the city. Kirk was invited to a conference in Healdsburg, CA which is about an hour north of San Francisco the first part of April. He has attended this conference on two other occasions and we decided that the next time he was invited to go I would go with him.

We had such a wonderful time. We got into San Francisco early and spent several hours touring around the city before heading up to Healdsburg. Healdsburg is in the Russian River Valley and is a quaint little town with great restaurants. As we headed back to San Francisco to fly home we decided to take a different route and drive down Hwy 1. It is a beautiful scenic drive along the coast. We stopped and had lunch in Point Reyes. However, we didn't research how long it would take us to get back to S.F. So after a leisurely morning and a great lunch we discovered that we were 45 minutes to an hour from S.F. on very windy road. It was close but we made our flight (of course I would not have been sad to spend another night in S.F.).

I have determined that I won't wait another 15 years before I go back to this fun city!

Hotel Healdsburg Lobby.
The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

The bathroom.


The Golden Gate Bridge viewed from Telegraph Hill.


One of the views of the city.


Pier 31 and Alcatraz.


Redwoods near Healdsburg.


Highway 1 along the coast.



Love this picture!

No comments: