Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good Friends

Aren't good friends a blessing from God? I sure think so. Especially as I look back over my life and I see the friends God has placed in my life. I touched base with an old high school friend last week as my 30th High School Reunion is approaching. It was great to catch up briefly through email with promises of phone conversations to follow soon.

We have several good friends who are leaving Boulder over the next several weeks. I can't begin to express the sadness in my heart that these friends are leaving. We have lived life and started this church through the lives of many people. This is not only a community it is a family and when family leaves it is hard. We have shared many times with our small groups that if someone leaves our community and it isn't hard then we really haven't shared life. Leaving should hurt because a part of us is leaving. Paul tells us in scripture that the family of Christ is like the body. All parts are needed to function to the best of its ability. So there is going to be a huge ache when these friends leave, but we are sending them out to find new communities and to share life in these new communities. As we heal from these losses we eagerly look forward to who God is going to bring into our family and begin to share our lives.

No comments: