Every thread of a tapestry is important to the whole piece. Up close, the tiny threads don't make a lot of sense, but when we step back, we see how all of those tiny fibers continue to make a detailed mural. God is at his loom weaving the threads of our lives into something amazing. This is our journey as God weaves HIS plan in our lives.
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Cuatro de Mayo
We had our third annual Cinco de Mayo party last night, hence the title Cuatro de Mayo (our first party was a Seis de Mayo). Kirk and I figure we had about 56 to 57 people in our home. There were a lot of new faces, which is always exciting as friends are inviting friends. I wish all of you could come out and experience one of our parties. It is really hard to explain the unique atmosphere. This community that God has given us is truly amazing. They love being together and they love meeting new people, and people are drawn to that. They also love food! As long as there is good food people will come back. I would have never dreamed that I would be preparing food for so many people.....and enjoying it!! My feet always hurt and I am exhausted by the end of the night, but it is all worth it to see what God is doing in our midst. I look forward to next year and our Dos de Mayo party!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I desperately miss some Debbie hospitality!!!! You have such a gift!! Even if you just pop some popcorn and serve lemonade while Kirk tries to tell jokes that I don't get. I STINKIN' MISS YOU GUYS!! In heaven can we hang out all the time?
Katie
Post a Comment