Sunday, March 18, 2007

Surprises

Don't we all love surprises? Kirk and I laugh because we can hardly keep a surprise from each other. We get so excited about what we are surprising the other with, we go ahead and tell. We flew to Missouri this past week to surprise his Mom for her 70th birthday and yes, we were able to keep the surprise as did everyone else who knew. His Mom had several other surprises over the next couple of days. Her granddaughter and her husband flew in to surprise her and then we had a surprise party on Friday night. I have decided that surprises require too much brain power!

I was able to pull off another, unplanned, surprise while I was there. As I checked email on Thursday (we were at Covenant Seminary in St. Louis all day while Kirk met with seminary students who are interested in coming west) I discovered a couple who had been in our small group in St. Louis, had had their baby on Wednesday. They were at the hospital that is right by the seminary so I was able to run over and see their new daughter Emma and surprise Mom and Dad. Congratulations Brian and Jen Patneau....Emma is beautiful!

No comments: