Tuesday, February 27, 2007

And the Oscar Goes To....

We held our 2nd Annual Oscar Party Sunday night with about 30 people in attendance. I fixed food that was associated with the 5 movies up for Best Picture.

Everyone who attended received an Oscar ballot and completed it before the Academy Awards started. Then we all sat in front of the TV (actually two TVs) to see how well we had chosen and to laugh at Ellen Degeneres's jokes (I think she did a great job hosting). And the Oscar goes to.....Abby Watrous and Andrew Yeh! WHO you may be saying to yourselves. After the awards were over and the ballots were tallied they had chosen the most correct categories. They were awarded an Oscar statue and a gift certificate to AMC Theaters.

It was a really fun evening. It is so comforting to be in community and sharing life. I look forward to the day when we will be together sharing community with the one who left His perfect community in order to bring us into everlasting community with God. What a party that will be!

No comments: