Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Two Things (Take two)

I am rewriting a posting that I wrote yesterday that never made it to my site. I still haven't figured out what happened...but here we go.

There were two things I wanted to share with you. The first is a blog link, which you will notice under links. Several postings ago I shared with you the story of our friends Russ and Katie Mohr and their process of adopting a little boy Eliot from Guatemala. Well Katie has set up a blog to keep us posted on what is going on in Guatemala (that's right she is still there). Although it looks like things are moving "a little" in their adoption process, she is still separated from family and friends. I wanted to share this blog so you can see what an amazing lady she is and to see what a sweet and cute little boy Eliot is.

The second is a recipe. My friend Sarah Clark in St. Louis shared this recipe with me and I served it at our Oscar Party (it was titled Sunshine Chicken). I served it last night for dinner and I was reminded how much I like this recipe. So I wanted to share it with you.

Chicken & Spinach Bake
(Serves 4)

9 oz. pkg prewashed spinach
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 bottle balsamic vinaigrette (12 oz.)
2 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
16 oz. angel hair pasta, cooked

Place spinach in the bottom of a coated 9x13 baking dish. Place the chicken breasts on top of the spinach; season with the salt and pepper. Placed the tomatoes and mushrooms on top of the chicken. Pour dressing over the chicken (you may not need the whole bottle of vinaigrette, just pour until well coated...use your judgement). Top with the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve over pasta. ENJOY!!!

No comments: