Saturday, January 27, 2007

Piece of Heaven

Kirk and I returned yesterday from a week in Pagosa Springs which is located in Southwest Colorado. I think it is one of most spectacular places I have ever seen (Check with me in August after we return from Canmore, Canada to see if that still holds true.). We had clear blue skies and had an amazing view of the mountains from our condo. Our first day there we set out, on the advice of some locals, to drive down Piedra Road. We were enjoying our drive and because we were sightseeing we pulled off the road to let a truck go by. Well...we got stuck in the snow. We found out that not only is Pagosa Springs a beautiful place but they also have very nice people. Several people stopped to help before one of the good samaritans had a tow rope to pull us out. We were only stuck about 5 minutes before we were on our way again. And let me tell you the drive was so amazing! I have pictures and will post them as soon as I get a CD made from the disposable camera we purchased (our digital camera is on the blink). We couldn't help but worship God as we looked at his creation around us. I think my piece of heaven is going to look a lot like Pagosa Springs!

No comments: