Every thread of a tapestry is important to the whole piece. Up close, the tiny threads don't make a lot of sense, but when we step back, we see how all of those tiny fibers continue to make a detailed mural. God is at his loom weaving the threads of our lives into something amazing. This is our journey as God weaves HIS plan in our lives.
Saturday, January 6, 2007
Pampering
Today I had the most amazing 1 1/2 hour massage. The women in our community gave me this wonderful gift for Christmas. What makes the gift even more special is the young woman who gave me the massage is also a part of our community. She came to our house and in front of the fireplace I was pampered. I usually don't make New Year's resolutions, but after today I have decided to make one. I am going to take time and pamper myself this year. AND I want to encourage you to pamper yourself. We get caught up in the frenzy of life and hardly ever take time to do something for ourselves. What does pampering look like for you? Is it hiding away for 30 minutes and curling up with a good book? Is it getting a manicure or pedicure (which my friend Donna in St. Louis is so good at doing)? Is it taking a bubble bath with the lights turned low? Whatever that is for you I encourage you to pamper yourself. You deserve it and I believe it is good for the soul. I know it was for mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment