Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation - New Mexico

(Saturday thru Monday)

We loaded up the truck on Saturday morning and started our journey back home. We were heading back to Santa Fe for a couple of days. We absolutely love this town. It is fun dreaming about retiring there. The town has not changed in the last 15 years since we have been visiting the area. The streets are still narrow and art galleries are everywhere. The Indians still set up their blankets every day in the town square for you to look at their crafts. It is a place I will never get tired of coming to.






The Indians selling their crafts.


I love the architecture of Santa Fe!

Saturday night we went to El Meson a restaurant I found three years ago when were there for a church planter's conference with our friends Sam and Leanne Downing. It is a Spanish restaurant with a tapas menu. We ordered everything our waitress recommended and were not disappointed. It also has a great jazz bar that we did not visit this time around.

Sunday morning we went to church at our friend Martin and Mari Anne Ban's church. Martin planted this church six years ago and they were worshipping in their new church facility for the first time Sunday morning. It was so cool to be there and to celebrate this with their church family. We had lunch with the couple who lead their worship team. After lunch we just chilled and went in to town for dinner.

Monday morning we ate breakfast at a French Cafe that has been there at least fifteen years. The crepes were so good! We walked around town, looked for some pottery and hit Trader Joe's on our way out of town. Oh how I wish we had Trader Joe's in Colorado. I have been wanting their chocolate covered edamame ever since my friend Sandy introduced me to them last year. It is my understanding that Trader Joe's is the only place you can buy them. I also got chocolate covered sunflower seeds! And of course we bought some 2 Buck Chuck!

We got back home and to Sully around 7:00. It was a great vacation but it is good to be home!

No comments: