Saturday, March 1, 2008

Belize

Kirk had the opportunity to go to Belize for a week in February. He and Andrew, our Director of Student/Mercy Ministries went to check out ministry opportunites where All Souls could serve. Andrew has a passion for Belize and has spent the past three summers down there working with Word at Work. As a result, on May 23 All Souls will send its first missions group to Belize and an area called Valley of Peace. I can't believe all that God is doing in the life of All Souls. God is building a church right here in front of our eyes and it is beautiful!

Andrew at Banana Bank Lodge, the hotel where they stayed.

Another picture of Banana Bank Lodge. Kirk said it was a jungle. He emailed one night and said there were monkeys and a jaguar outside. I emailed back and said I hope they were either caged or stuffed.

The children at Orange Walk School.


A home in Valley of Peace.

The school at Valley of Peace. It is a Catholic school.

Kirk said they told them the yellow building on the far left was so unstable that a strong wind could blow it down and this is where the younger children are kept during the day. Any time a storm comes through they evcauate the building.

One of the classrooms at Valley of Peace.

Kirk said this cute little boy kept wanting him to take his picture and then let him see it on the digital camera. I love that sweet face!

Andrew emailed me this picture he took of Kirk at Orange Walk School. I love it!

No comments: