We recently hosted a Wine and Art Party. It was absolutely one of our best parties to date and one that, by popular demand, we will do every year! We had over 70 people in our home. We had three artists display their art. We had photography (for those of you from St. Louis Mark Poshak was the artist), we had pottery, a guy in our community, who is a surgeon, makes the most amazing teapots, and a girl in our community who makes jewelry from ceramics. The co-owner of West End Wine Shop brought wine from a region in France since my theme for the night was French food, with crepes and all!
One of the funnest things that happened that evening centered around three guests that showed up for the party. I was introduced to them by a guy from our community and assumed he had brought them. A little later Kirk asked if I had met them and I told them I had. He then asked me if I knew how they heard about the party and, of course, I said no. Well....we had taken some invitations to the party over to Kinkos as we wanted to invite the people who worked there to the party. (Kinkos prints our worship guides each week.) Well, this couple had gone into Kinkos to get some printing done and saw the invitation on the counter. The lady picked it up and told her husband she wanted to go to the party. It was the Indian new year, and since they were from India, they wanted to celebrate and they brought a friend!!! They stayed for about 2 hours and seemed to really have a good time. Who knows, they may check Kinkos from time to time to see when we are going to throw our next party.
I am just constantly amazed at how God works in our midst and I don't know why because I have seen him do some amazing things the last couple of years. I would have never had the nerve, or probably the desire, to go to a complete strangers home for a party, and yet God brought these people to us. And God continues to bring people into our community. I can't wait to see who he brings our way in 2008!
Courtney (left) and Brittany (right) came to help me prepare for the evening. They are breading the Chicken Cordon Bleu which turned out yummy!
The table before all the food was in place. We had Chicken Cordon Bleu, Pork Normandy, Rice, Haricot Verts, Carrot Salad, Salmon Croquettes and various cheeses from France.
Photograph by Mark Poshak.
Two of the teapots by Pat Ting.
And necklaces by Lisa Smith. See her jewelry at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5210628
No comments:
Post a Comment