I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Last year my Mom, Dad, sister and niece came out and shared Thanksgiving with us. This year all of my family was at my brother's house in St. Louis and all of Kirk's family was at his parent's house in East Prairie, MO. We shared our Thanksgiving with 23 people from our community here in Boulder, our third year hosting Thanksgiving at our house.
Our day started with breakfast and a croissant french toast recipe a friend gave me. I have to say it was the best french toast I have ever had. Friends started arriving around 2:30 for a 3:00 dinner that actually didn't get served until 3:30. Funny how the unexpected arise. The turkey I was given, that was pre-cooked and just needed to be heated up, wasn't cooperating and the rice stuffing I was making for the first time decided to take longer than anticipated (probably because I tripled the recipe). But when all was said and done the meal was excellent. We celebrated two birthdays, watched episodes of The Office and there was a intense game of Scrabble played.
As I think about all the things I have to be thankful for I am overwhelmed with God's goodness and faithfulness to Kirk and I. We started a journey in Boulder in November 2004 and as we reflect on our blessings this year we are overwhelmed by what God has done in 3 short years. I am thankful for each one of you and what you have meant to me and us.
No comments:
Post a Comment