Monday, October 29, 2007

My Birthday

On September 24 I celebrated my 48th birthday. I can't believe in two years I will be celebrating my 50th birthday. It will be a huge milestone and I expect everyone to come to Colorado to help me celebrate!!

Kirk and I headed over to Ouray, CO for a couple of days to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. We stayed at a cute bed and breakfast and enjoyed exploring the area. Telluride was close by and we spent the day there. The leaves were starting to turn on the Aspens and they were spectacular. I love the fall and when we first moved to Colorado I was afraid that I wouldn't get the colors that we got in Tennessee and Missouri. It is a little different as yellow is the predominent color but it is brilliant and when we do come across the oranges and reds I appreciate God's color palate so much more!

On our drive we stopped to take some pictures of the Aspens. I wish this picture did justice to the brilliance of the colors.

This picture was taken on a drive toward Durango from Ouray.

The little town of Ouray. Very cowboy. I found a pair of used cowboy boots at a local store for $34. I've always wanted a pair so they went home with me.

This was our Bed and Breakfast, China Clipper Inn. I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area.

A picture in Telluride. We took the Gondola down to a ski village and walked around. It was a beautiful day!

We got off the Gondola at one of the three stops it makes and took some pictures of the mountains.



The town of Telluride is behind Kirk. We are actually standing at a ski run that will take you down into the town.

My cowboy at heart!

1 comment:

shmaynor said...

Happy belated birthday, Deb!