Friday, August 17, 2007

Icefields

Kirk and I decided to take a day off yesterday. That's right a day off on vacation. We decided to hang around Canmore, do a little laundry and read at a coffee shop. We went to dinner that evening, on the recommendation of a local, to a restaurant called The Trough. The restaurant was tucked away in an alley and the food was amazing! We should have taken pictures of the meal!

Today we headed to the Columbia Icefields a two hour drive north from Banff. There were beautifual lakes and waterfalls along the way.

At one point several cars ahead of us had pulled slightly off the road, which usually signifies someone has seen something. Before I knew it there were bears on the right and we couldn't stop and I couldn't get a picture. It all happened so fast! Hopefully before this trip is over I will post some pictures of wildlife in Canada!!

Our destination in the Icefields was a glacier. There we took these all terrain buses right up on a glacier. We were able to get out and walk around. It was gorgeous!

Look at those wheels!



Kirk drinking some glacier water.


This glacier was to the right of the one we were on. Quite spectacular isn't it!

No comments: