Tuesday, August 21, 2007

How Many Times Can I Say Amazing & Spectacular?

I find that I have used these two words on several occasions in describing the scenery here in Canada. But what can I say, the scenery is amazing and spectacular!

On Saturday we headed over to Lake Louise. This lake was formed as a glacier melted. It is gorgeous (threw you there didn't I?). We arrived in the sunshine and left in the rain. We walked along the lake for about 2 to 3 kilometers (or roughly 2 1/2 miles).



We came upon several groups of rock climbers.


If the rain had not started we were going to try to hike up to the meadows below the glacier. But not being totally prepared for the weather we turned back. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.


Sunday we drove down to Calgary for church and pretty much laid low for the day.

Monday was another day of just relaxing. We found a great place to hang out, drink tea and read. It is called Communitea. It is a fun atmosphere and one we will enjoy several more times before we leave.

Today we started our day at Communitea and then headed for a drive through Kananaskis Park upon the recommendation of our waitress yesterday afternoon. Marike is a native of Canmore, and an avid rock and ice climber. Of course, we were hoping for Canadian wildlife of the moose and bear kind, but got deer and mountain goats.


We were not disappointed. This drive was amazing and spectacular!



On a side note, congratulations to our friends Chris and Michelle in St. Louis who welcomed son Jacob Christopher Wagner to their family today. He joins big brother Alex!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love this vacation for you two!!!!