Who, you may be asking, is Donald Miller. Donald Miller is the author of Blue Like Jazz and Searching for God Knows What. I have yet to read Blue Like Jazz (it is on my list), however, our community group read Searching for God Knows What earlier this year. I loved this book and highly recommend it. So why am I talking about Donald Miller? He was in Ft. Collins this morning at the Campus Crusade Leadership Conference. The director for Campus Crusade at CU Boulder goes to our church and invited us up to hear him. He is an engaging speaker and his talk was on story, on how God tells us a story in scripture, and how our lives are stories to be told and shared.
The first time I had ever thought about my life in the context of a story was when Sara was born. A woman who went to our church came to visit us the morning after Sara was transported to Cardinal Glennon in St. Louis after our weeks stay in Kansas City. She said this was the story God had given us. I remember thinking how beautiful that sounded.
What is amazing is how God continues to add to our story. Like a tapestry that is woven, our stories are beautiful, but at times when we are experiencing life they don't seem so beautiful. It is only when we get to the other side can we look back and see the beauty. Not just the beauty we see with the eye, but the beauty that comes out of complete brokeness and heartache.
So my story continues here in Boulder. God is adding to the chapters and allowing me to use my story to share with those in the community he has given us. It is hard at times to share parts of my story, but I do it for the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment