Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Adoption

What a beautiful word that is. The definition is to take into one's family through legal means and raise as one's own child. The legal means is just a formality as you take the child into your heart and family way before the legal paper says they are yours. We adopted our daughter Sara 6 years ago. I can't believe she would have been 6 this year. How different life would look if we had a 6 year old running around the house. No doubt she would be loved by many and have her Dad's outgoing personality!

Our friends Katie and Russ Mohr (see link on this blog) finally got the word last week that Eliot is officially their son. What an amazing time for them as they look forward to a future of raising this little boy and for Katie who will finally get to go home. Their journey has been a long one but one in which I know they would not change even in the midst of all the disappointments and frustrations they went through. God has given them quite a story that has been shared by loved ones and strangers alike. And what a story they have to give to Eliot when he gets older!



Through it all they have trusted in God who has sustained them. We too are adopted. Adopted into God's family and loved more than we can ever imagine. What a beautiful word and what a beautiful picture.

2 comments:

Lance and Heather said...

Kirk and Deb!! What's up? I just found your blog off of Russ and Katie's blog...how fun! We think about you guys often! We are staying busy with Caleb (he'll be one on July 4) and then we're expecting baby #2 in November (yes, #2 was a COMPLETE SURPRISE). If you're bored, check out our blog: www.thedillards123.blogspot.com

Take care and now we can keep in touch via blogs!!

Love ya,
Lance and Heather

Amanda said...

Kirk and Deb, I am Russ Mohr's sister Amanda. You guys are such a blessing...so glad you got to share the homecoming of Eliot. I am just sad that I didn't get to see you guys. I know I have only met you once or twice but you guys have really touched me through all that you guys have done for Russ and Katie!!!