On December the 8th two of our dear friends, Shane and Christine, got married. Shane is the Worship Director for All Souls. Christine became a part of our community in the summer of 2006. We have watched the love story of these two unfold over the past year and a half and it was truly exciting to share in their wedding and the celebration of their love. It was snowing on their wedding day, which was perfect for these two who love the outdoors and it was absolutely magical looking.
We also hosted a Christmas Party for our friends here in Boulder on December 14. We expected it to be a smaller party with all the office parties, etc. going on around this time of year, but we had over 60 people come celebrate with us. The talk of the night was the green stuff. What was the green stuff? It was a congealed salad that didn't congeal. I guess when you triple a recipe it can really mess with a recipe!!!
We had a quiet Christmas with 1o friends who were here for the holidays. It snowed all day which made the day even more special. The day was also special because my Buntie (my grandmother) went home to be with the Lord. Mom called that morning to let me know that she had died right at midnight. She was ready to see Jesus and I was glad that on this significant day she was with him.
On Friday the 28th I flew to Orlando for her funeral which was held on Saturday the 29th. Her funeral was a celebration, a celebration of her life. My mother gave a beautiful eulogy and ended it with a song that Buntie had written years ago. (I have asked my Mom for the words and will post it when I get a copy.) My aunt sang two songs and my brother sang The Old Rugged Cross. My cousin's daughter read a poem and I read scripture. Her Pastor's homily was on Psalm 23 (which happened to be the scripture I had picked to read unbeknownst to the Pastor). The last song was titled Home which was sung by my brother (by recording). It was really beautiful and I know Buntie would have loved how God received so much glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment